Monday, October 8, 2007

Choosing a Side

I intend to argue the pro side of the argument concerning Genetically engineered foods. I have selected this position because, not only do I agree with this position, but there is a lot more information coming from the pro side and it would be a lot easier to convince my reader to agree with the pro position. Also, agreeing with the position will make it a lot easier to write because you can somewhat speak from your own perspective rather than relying solely on facts and kind of arguing against yourself. My strongest arguments will probably be concerning the fact that we live in a modern world and now need aid in medical fields, third world countries, and even on the food shelves at the grocery store. With the change of times, people are building on every inch of land possible and we don't have the time or the chance to risk acres of crops that may or may not grow. Genetically modified crops can certify their survival, and can secure food means for people around the world. Also, genetically engineered foods can even produce medicine or certain medical needs that can't be gained by any other means. I intend to convince my readers into agreeing with my position by explaining the importance and necessity of genetically engineered foods and combating any pressing cons that could cause them to stray from the pro side. My concerns about not being able to effectively argue this position is that some of the arguments against this position are very strong and will be hard to combat. There have been tests to prove that that GM foods do pose a threat to the environment and human health, and these will be hard to argue or have some thing to come back with.

1 comment:

veronicah said...

I totally agree with your point of view!!! Its the only logical thing to do in the modern day world. Your arguements seem to be backed up well; good enough to convince me! Haha.